A contest that selected the most innovative startup in the field of Cyber Security was held at the International CyberTech Conference.
As part of the CyberTech convention 2018, the competition, powered by YL Ventures, will announce the most innovative Startup in the Cyber Security field in Israel.
The winning startup receives two entry tickets to the RSA conference.
CyberTech, powered by YL Ventures, held as part of the conference a unique startup contest to select the most innovative startup in the cybersecurity field.
Protego, the winner, provides full lifecycle security for serverless applications from deployment to runtime. It continuously scans the serverless infrastructure to identify & remediate vulnerabilities and enforce least privilege policies based on actual usage patterns, thus, minimize Serverless Application’s Attack Surface.
In addition, the startup provides Dynamic Attack Detection & Mitigation. Protego correlates hundreds of signals from the serverless runtime environment with data generated by the Protego real-time agents to detect malicious activity and apply the most effective protection mechanism to mitigate & stop attacks.
All applications were reviewed and ranked by Cybertech, YL Ventures and an esteemed panel of judges. The top 4 ranked startups were invited to participate in the on-stage competition at the Cybertech 2018 Conference:
D-ID – Face Recognition Protection
empow – Security automation & orchestration
Perimiter81 (formerly SaferVPN) – Software defined perimeter (SDP)
Protego – Serverless Security
The startup that suggested an innovative technology or a groundbreaking solution with the best potential to become a successful company was announced the winner on January 31st, at the conference.
The participants were Early-stage startups that develop innovative cybersecurity solutions in broad range of fields from traditional IT & enterprise environments to IoT and emerging sectors such as drones, autonomous cars, and more.
The judging panel was comprised of six judges, all international cybersecurity experts and partners of leading American VC firms that invest in early stage cybersecurity companies:
- Jake Flomenberg, Partner at Accel Partners, which funded well-known technology companies including Facebook, Dropbox, Spotify and Slack. Jake is focused on next-generation infrastructure, enterprise software, and security investments.
- Deepak Jeevan Kumar, Managing Director at Dell Technologies Capital (DTC), the Venture Capital arm of Dell Technologies. Deepak focuses on cybersecurity and cloud infrastructure investments.
- Pete Bodine, Managing Director at Allegis Cyber, a venture capital firm specialized in incubation, growth capital, seed and early-stage startup investments in the cybersecurity space. Pete’s investment areas include cloud-centric technologies, mobile, big data analytics and IoT opportunities.
- Mark Goodman, Managing Director at MassMutual Ventures, the corporate venture capital arm of MassMutual, an American Life Insurance Company. Mark’s investment areas include Fintech, Cybersecurity and Data Analytics.
- Jay Leek, Managing Director at ClearSky Security Fund and Consultant at Blackstone Group, an American multinational private equity, around their portfolio company, CISO community and other areas related to information security.
- Avi Shavit, Head of Cyber & Homeland Security Sector at Israel Innovation Authority (formerly known as Israeli Chief Scientist). Avi is responsible for R&D incentive programs and scientific and technical coordination with other R&D governmental funded programs.
More coverage of CyberTech can be found here:
- The Most Influential People of Israeli Cybersecurity Ecosystem
- SOC (Security Operations Center) Solutions at Cybertech 2018
- Cybertech 2018, Conference & Exhibition, January 29 – 31, 2018, Tel Aviv, Israel
- CyberTech 2018: Israeli Cybersecurity Technology is Becoming a Global Force to Reckon With
YL Ventures awarded the wining startup two tickets to the RSA Conference, including airfare expenses. The RSA Conference is the information security industry’s largest and most influential annual event, held in San Francisco, California.
CyberTech is the largest cyber technology convention ever in Israel and the largest cyber conference outside of the United States. It was held at Tel Aviv’s Convention Center, on January 29th-31st, 2018. Representatives of companies and governments from 80 countries, representatives from dozens of leading venture capital funds from Asia and the West and hundreds of journalists will attend the conference. Yigal Unna, Director General of the Israel National Cyber Security Directorate opened the conference. The Mossad, the Israeli Security Agency, the police investigation bodies, the innovation authority and more took part in the convention as well.
YL Ventures is a Silicon Valley-based, seed-stage venture capital firm that invests in Israeli innovations with a strong focus on cybersecurity, enterprise software, autonomous vehicles and drone technologies. Currently investing out of its $75m third fund, YL Ventures accelerates the evolution of portfolio companies via strategic advice and Silicon Valley-based operational execution.
Cybersecurity Markets and Technologies
- Impact of Israeli Cybersecurity Technology on Selected Markets, Intelligence Report
- Adoption of Blockchain Technology By US Government, Market Forecast
- Browser as a Service Market
- Deception Cybersecurity Market Analysis
- Federal IT Modernization
- U.S. Federal Cybersecurity Market Research
- U.S. Federal IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Market Forecast
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI): U.S. Government Market Forecast
- Quantum Computing Market Forecast
- U.S.-Mexico Border Security & Protection Market
- U.S. IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Market