The 7th installment of SMI’s Social Media Within the Defence and Miltary Sector series has been a great success.
Social Media Within the Defence and Miltary Sector 2017 brought together a global audience of senior defence, military and commercial experts to discuss how social media is being increasingly intertwined within operations. Key themes have been explored – from raising innovative campaigns that showcase the latest solutions and products in the market to lessons on educating soldiers and raising awareness of institutional issues as well strategies for recruitment campaigns and utilising digital communications as an overall new front in warfare.
This year’s event will provide an intelligent forum to explore trending strategies and new technologies that will aid you to understand and utilise social media while fronting the risks and challenges.
WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR?
As well as tackling the importance of messaging, the conference placed a dedicated focus on the considerations of social media strategies and cybersecurity.
* New speakers and presentations from new nations including Austria, Israel and Netherlands
* Discuss how social media plays a part in brand reputation management with Bircham Dyson Bell
* Learn how to utilise partnerships and integrate YouTube influencers in your defence networks
* Discover how immersive video and virtual reality can develop your social media recruitment projects
* Explore how market-leading commercial organisations succeed in their social media utility with Cobham and Saab
* Hear case studies on reaching MoD personnel as well as showcasing commercial defence achievements
* Two new workshops:
o Seven Steps to Successful Social Media for today’s reality – Creating and Executing your Social Plan
o Using analytics and tools to get the best out of social media
FEATURED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
* Brigadier-General J.T.M. Hans Damen, Director of Support, Royal Netherlands Land Army
* Colonel Alexander Philipp Lintenhofer, Online Team, Republic of Austria Federal Ministry of Defence and Sports
* Lieutenant Colonel (Ret’d) Andrew Morton, Director of Social Engagement, SHRM
* Commandant Pat O’Connor, Deputy Director, Defence Forces Public Relations Branch, Irish Defence Force
* Brad Kimberly, Director of DoD Social Media, Defense Media Activity
* Nygaard Kvam, Digital Editor, Norwegian Armed Forces Media Centre
* Nathan Herring, Social Media Coordinator and Staff Writer, U.S. Africa Command
* Lydia Santis, PR and External Communications UK & ROW, Cobham
* Jetmira Tershani, Communications Manager, Saab
* Dr Stuart Thomson, Head of Public Affairs, Government and Infrastructure, Bircham Dyson Bell
* Colin Jacobs, Managing Director, Immediate Future
Related market report U.S. Federal Government Mass Media Market Forecast